Friday, April 8, 2011

Kept me turning pages

{via}


Dr. Scarpetta is hot on the trail of a serial killer, who enjoys dismembering his victims before dumping them in a landfill, when she comes across yet another victim. While this latest victim's demise is eerily similar to previous discoveries after closer inspection she discovers numerous differences in the M.O. and starts to wonder what she truly has stumbled upon. Receiving graphic photographs and cryptic messages, Dr. Scarpetta isn't sure exactly what she's got herself into. Meanwhile, on an island off the Virginia coast, residents are mysteriously coming down with a rare form of what looks like smallpox. Dr. Scarpetta races against the clock to discover who is behind these killings, the virus and what the killer could possibly have against her. Unnatural Exposure by Patricia Cornwell was a fast and entertaining read. I picked it up and had it finished in 2 days! While the plot is interesting and is developed to some extent there seemed to be some depth missing, however, as my title suggests, I couldn't put it down. If you're looking for an entertaining, fast read, I suggest this book.

Anyone else ever read anything by P. Cornwell? I think I may try another of her mysteries if I get a chance! Happy reading!

2 comments:

Kyla Marks said...

I have every Scarpetta book she has written, if you were closer I would totally let you borrow them!

Becky said...

Ohhh, I enjoyed Cornwell's book and when I have more free time I hope to get another to read. They are really fascinating!!